The required academic level for admission is 4 years of higher education (corresponding to 240 ECTS) in a university or a cycle of engineering in agronomy and/or economics, geography and/or sociology.
Knowledge of the French language is required since all the courses are provided in French.
A student with a beginner level in French will not be accepted in the Master programme.
For non-Francophone students, the minimum required level is B1.2 (corresponding to at least 400 hours of French courses) according to the criteria of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Those whose level is under B1.2 must attend upgrading intensive courses on site during the summer preceding the training. These courses are provided by the Centre of French Language (CFLE) of the CIHEAM-IAMM (ISO 9001 certified and labelled Quality FLE).
- French-speaking students (except French natives) must undertake the distance learning provided in French and starting in July. The trainees will be assessed in October.
Advanced knowledge in economic sciences are required since the economy is a central component of the Masters programmes of the CIHEAM-IAMM.
For all students with little or no initial training in economic sciences, prerequisites in economy are required and distance courses are organised accordingly from July until September, followed by classroom courses also in September.
Read the conditions
How to apply?
Opening date of the applications 2017-2018: 16 January 2017
You must submit an application including the following documents:
- Application form: it is compulsory to fill it online. When entry is completed, you can access the printable version of your application form
- Covering letter describing your professional project and the reasons why you want to receive a Master training at the CIHEAM-IAMM
- Certified copy of your highest post-graduate/university diploma You have to provide an official translation of your diploma into French or English if your diploma was originally edited in another language. If you obtain your diploma at the end of this academic year, you will need to provide the details on the courses you followed so far, and a certificate stating the date when the diploma will be possibly obtained.
- Certified copies of your graduate transcripts You have to provide an official translation of your transcripts into French or English if they were originally edited in another language.
- For the non-French speaking candidates : a French proficiency certificate
- If you are an official of your government : hierarchical authorisation
- 4 ID photos (each one cut out and with your first name and surname written on the back)
- Birth certificate in French
The Address where to send your application
Service de l'Enseignement et de la Scolarité
3191 route de Mende
34093 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5
Closing date of the applications 2017-2018 (final deadline for the reception of the printed applications): 1st May 2017
You must send your application early enough if you want to be sure of its good receipt by the Education and Administration Department before the 1st of May.
The selection of applications is made by the CIHEAM-IAMM teacher-researchers in May. Successful candidates receive a letter of invitation by e-mail and post mail by the end of May.
This letter indicates the conditions of admission (with full scholarship, with partial scholarship or without scholarship).