www.iamm.ciheam.org/en is a project run by CIHEAM Montpellier, whose business name is the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier, with SIRET 33194267200022
One of our core values is transparency; therefore we would like you to know right from the start that data privacy is very important for us. This privacy statement describes the personal data that we collect from our users and how we use it. Please read these terms carefully before providing your personal data. Children over the age of thirteen may register as users at www.iamm.ciheam.org/en without prior consent from their parents or holders of parental responsibility.
Prior consent from parents or holders of parental responsibility is required to process the personal data of users under the age of thirteen.
Under no circumstances will professional, economic or intimate data of other members of the family be collected from a child under the age of thirteen without their consent.
If you are under the age of thirteen and have accessed this website without parental permission you should not register as a user.
We are committed to respecting and safeguarding users’ data. As a user you should know that your rights are guaranteed.
- We never request personal information unless strictly necessary to provide you with services that you request from us.
- We never share personal information of our users with anyone, except in compliance with legal requirements or if you have your express authorisation.
In accordance with the provisions of the General Regulation of Data Protection mentioned previously, the personal data that you provide through web forms will be treated as “Web users and subscribers”.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personal data in accordance with the legislation in force.
How we will use your data
When using your data we will apply the following principles, in accordance with the new European regulation for data protection:
- Principle of lawfulness, fairness and transparency: We will always need your consent to use your personal data for one or more specific purposes for which we will inform you beforehand with absolute transparency.
- Principle of data minimisation: We will only request the data that is strictly necessary for the purpose required.
- Principle of storage limitation: data will be stored no longer than necessary for processing, according to the purpose. We will inform you of the corresponding storage time limit. In the case of subscriptions, we will periodically revise our subscriber lists and eliminate those records that have been inactive for a considerable amount of time.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality: Your data will be processed so as to guarantee appropriate security of your personal data and ensure confidentiality. We take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorised or undue third-party access to the data of our users.
How have we obtained your data?
The personal data that we process at CIHEAM Montpellier comes from:
- Contact forms
- Newsletter subscription forms
- Activities application forms
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation as to whether CIHEAM Montpellier is processing personal data that concerns them.
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right of access to personal data concerning the data subject
- Right to request rectification or erasure of personal data
- Right to request restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to request data portability.
Data subjects may access their personal data and request rectification of inaccurate data, or where appropriate, request erasure when, inter alia, the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In some circumstances the data subjects may request restriction of the processing of their data, in which case, their data will only be stored for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
In some circumstances and for reasons regarding their personal circumstances, the data subjects may object to the processing of their data. The CIHEAM Montpellier will cease to process their data, except on compelling legal grounds, or in the exercise or defence of possible legal claims. As data subject, you have the right to receive personal data that concerns you, that you have provided in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and transmit it to another processing controller when:
- The processing is based on consent
- The data has been provided by the data subject
- The processing is done by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability you have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible.
Data subjects also have the right to effective legal protection and to present a legal claim before the supervisory authority, if they consider that the processing of personal data that concerns them infringes the Regulation.
Why do we process your personal data?
CIHEAM Montpellier uses different systems to capture and process the personal information provided by data subjects depending on the purpose of each capture system (forms):
- Contact form: We request the following personal information: name and email to reply to the demands of www.iamm.ciheam.org/en/ users. For example we can use this information to reply to your request, answer queries, reply to comments or questions that you may have concerning information posted on the website, services provided on-line, processing of personal information, questions regarding legal texts included on the website as well as any other inquiry that you may make that are not subject to contract conditions. We inform you that the data that you provide is stored on the CIHEAM Montpellier servers within the EU.
- Newsletter subscription form: In this case, we request the following personal data: Email provided by the user when subscribing to manage the subscribers list, to send newsletters, offers of courses and activities. The website contains various forms to open a subscription. E-newsletters and newsletters are managed by CIHEAM Montpellier. We inform you that the data you provide us will be stored on the CIHEAM Montpellier servers within the EU.
- Application form: We request the following personal information: name and surnames, residency, Email, telephone, photography, sex, civil status, nationality, date of birth, address, contact person, qualifications, training, professional experience, languages, in order to apply to participate in any of our courses or activities that CIHEAM Montpellier offers its users. The information collected will enable the corresponding service to be requested to process a potential application offline. Applications will be answered by email or ordinary postal service. The website does not enable direct payments to be made. We inform you that the data you provide will be stored on the servers of CIHEAM Montpellier within the EU.
We may process your personal information for other purposes:
- To guarantee compliance with conditions of use and applicable law. This may include development of tools and algorithms so that this website can ensure the confidentiality of the personal data collected.
- To support and improve the services offered by this website.
- Other anonymous data obtained through cookies unloaded onto the user’s computer when browsing this web (see cookies policy).
CIHEAM Montpellier, does not sell, hire or give personal data to third parties that may identify the user, nor intends to do so in the future without prior consent. However, in some cases collaborations with other professionals may be established, in which case consent will be required from users informing of the identity of the collaborator and the purpose of collaboration. The strictest standards of security will always be adhered to.
Legal ground for data processing
The legal ground for the processing of your data is consent.
The categories of data processed are for identification.
Data under special protection will not be processed.
How long will your data be stored?
Personal data that you provide will be stored:
- For the duration of the administrative and educational relationship.
- Until the data subject requests erasure.
- For the period since the last confirmation of interest: 1 year
To whom will your data be disclosed?
Many tools that we use to manage your data are contracted through third parties.
To provide services that are strictly necessary for the development of the activity, CIHEAM Montpellier shares data will the following providers under their corresponding conditions of privacy:
Google Analytics: an analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a company from Delaware whose headquarters are located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”. Cookies are text files stored on your computer to help CIHEAM Montpellier to help the website users. The information generated by the cookie about your use of www.iamm.ciheam.org/en/ (including your IP address) will be transmitted and stored directly by Google on their United States servers.
Hosting: CIHEAM Montpellier. Your data is hosted within the EU.
Web platform: The hosting and servers are housed at CIHEAM Montpellier within the EU.
Email marketing: CIHEAM Montpellier processes data with the purpose of providing email services (publicising activities and newsletters).
When browsing www.iamm.ciheam.org/en/ anonymous data may be collected, that may include IP addresses, geographical location (approximately), a record of how services and sites are used, as well as other data that cannot be used to identify the user. This anonymous data includes data related to browsing habits through third-party servers. This web uses the following third-party analytics services: Google Analytics.
We use this information to analyse trends, manage the site, track users’ movements around the site and compile demographic information on our user base as a whole.
Data secrecy and security
CIHEAM Montpellier undertakes the commitment to use and process data, including users’ personal data, respecting their confidentiality and using their data in accordance with the purpose for which it is intended. iamz.ciheam.org likewise will fulfil its obligation to store it and take all appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised modification, loss, processing or access, in compliance with the current regulations in force concerning data protection.
www.iamm.ciheam.org/en/ cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Internet network nor absolute protection against personal data breaches through fraudulent access by third parties.
Concerning the confidentiality of the data processing, CIHEAM Montpellier will ensure that any person authorised by CIHEAM Montpellier to process users’ data (including staff, collaborators and service providers), will be under the appropriate obligation of confidentiality (whether this be a contractual or legal obligation).
In the event of a security incident, once CIHEAM Montpellier is aware of the incident they should inform the user without undue delay, and provide timely information related to the security incident as soon as they become aware of it or when the user so requests in reasonable terms.
Accuracy and authenticity of data
As user, you are the sole person responsible for the authenticity and correctness of the data that you provide to www.iamm.ciheam.org/en/, thus exonerating CIHEAM Montpellier from any responsibility to that regard.
Acceptance and consent
The consent provided, both for data processing and disclosure of data subjects, can be revoked at any time by notifying CIHEAM Montpellier in the terms established in this Policy.
Document revised 13/05/2022.