CIHEAM Montpellier, in accordance with the general policy of CIHEAM and in strict compliance with the measures adopted by the French State, is facing the epidemic of coronavirus (COVID-19). The health, safety and well-being of our staff, students and visitors is our top priority.
In order to ensure maximum levels of security, the recommendations of the national authorities and the French Ministry of Solidarity and Health have been applied and extraordinary prevention and surveillance measures have also been activated.
From Monday March 16, 2020, in accordance with the decisions of the French State and in agreement with the CIHEAM, immediate measures have been taken:
- For employees, the business continuity plan has been activated. Teleworking has been implemented and all activities that cannot be reconfigured in remote management mode have been postponed or canceled, while ensuring the continuity of essential services. The data sharing tools and the digitalization of practices implemented in recent years at the institute greatly facilitate remote organization.
- For M2 students, the period of internship in a company had to start at the end of March, it has been modified: pedagogical continuity is ensured by the teaching team who set up alternative internship arrangements with each student and company, and on a case-by-case basis according to the agreements found:
- Maintenance of the internship and its remuneration when internship can start by remote working
- Postponement of the internship at the end of confinement when it is estimated that the new schedule can remain compatible with the requirements of the scientific project and those of the company. In this case the student begins to work on bibliographic and on secondary data, related to his internship subject.
- Replacement of the internship in a company with a theoretical research work when the other solutions cannot be applied.
In all cases, the objective is for the student to complete a M2 thesis which will allow him to obtain the credits necessary for the granting of the diploma.
The Education and School Service (SES) can be reached by email for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regarding applications for admission to M2 which are in progress for the 2020-21 school year, the deadline for receipt of application files is postponed to April 15, 2020 (instead of March 31 initially planned), and the terms have been adapted. Find out more
- Some students residing on our Campus have managed to go home, however a large number of them are confined to our residence.
- The institute has decided to make an exceptional financial effort for these students confined to the Campus: the CIHEAM scholarship - usually provided to beneficiary students from September to March - is extended for the benefit of all our students confined to campus who will not benefit from an internship allowance, until they can leave the campus.
- All of the institute's support services are mobilized so that the activities of staff, students, and residents can run as smoothly as possible. The services can be reached by email or telephone:
It's a difficult time for everyone, but the CIHEAM community knows how to show resilience. We listen to your needs and thank you in advance for your understanding as we are all adapting to this new situation.
For any further information:
Official communication from the CIHEAM General Secretariat
World Health Organization
European Center for Disease Prevention and Control
To know the decisions of the French State from day to day and the instructions to follow:
Ministry of Solidarity and Health