Building up 5 self-study packages (basic courses) and teaching packages (advanced modules) on modelling techniques based on mathematical programming for economic analysis in agriculture and environment aiming at maintaining sustainable agriculture and improving food supply in the 21st Century.
- Capitalize the teaching experience related to mathematical programming for sustainable agriculture and improved food supply
- Reinforce the network of modellers in Europe and in the Mediterranean higher education institutions working on integrated mathematical programming models of policy analysis
- Develop e-learning materials for modelling courses.
- Design and develop self-study materials for advanced modelling courses available on a participative e-learning platform
- Organise dissemination workshops and international courses on mathematical programming with Mediterranean scientists and young researchers
Results and impact
Improvement of the current courses contents
Improvement of MSc students’ ability to use mathematical programming techniques and especially to develop a relevant model in their Master thesis.
Building up of PhD and post-doc self–learning material allowing them to develop a simulation model appropriated to their research needs.
Educational support available on line for teachers and researchers in Agricultural Higher education institutions in Europe and in Southern Mediterranean countries
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA/UMR Moisa) - France
Source of funding
: AGROPOLIS FONDATION
Programme and Contact references
: Florence JACQUET (INRA / UMR Moisa) - Project manager - email@example.com
Hatem BELHOUCHETTE (CIHEAM-IAMM / UMR System) - Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie THOYER (SUPAGRO / UMR Lameta) - email@example.com
Sophie DROGUÉ (SUPAGRO-INRA / UMR Moisa) - firstname.lastname@example.org
: 147 800,00 €
- Centre International de Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Méditerranéennes – Institut Agronomique Méditerranéen de Montpellier (CIHEAM-IAMM) - France
- INRA Agro-Campus Ouest - France
- INRA/Montpellier SupAgro - France
- Institut International pour l'analyse des systèmes appliqués (IIASA) - Austria