Fostering agroecology transition in North Africa through multi-actor, evaluation, and networking
Discovering the value of data economy in European food systems
The main objective of the Data4Food2030 project is to improve the data economy for food systems by clarifying what it entails, mapping its development, performance and impact to create new insights and opportunities that provide empirically-grounded and inclusive policy recommendations and a roadmap for its further development.
Stakeholders from 9 different EU countries will take part in the 9 Case Studies, which represent the key food system related services provided across 25 EU countries.
The real life examples of the Data Economy in action will involve 38 core and supporting partners as well as numerous stakeholders including partners, suppliers, and consumers.
The roots of the consortium lie in a series of EU projects centered on digitalization in the agri-food sector (e.g. SmartAgriFood, FISPACE, IoF2020 and SmartAgriHubs). The topic of data sharing between agri-food companies has been shown to be a ‘hot potato’ in digital innovation (i.p. IoF2020) but the consortium is eager to use its extensive expertise in digital innovation and mobilize their networks to work on this specific topic.
Source of funding
- Union Européenne: HORIZON CL6
Programme and contact references
- Project Coordinator: Dr. George Beers, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wageningen University & Research
- Project Manager at CIHEAM Montpellier: Fatima El Hadad Gauthier, email@example.com
- FOODSCALE HUB GREECE ASSOCIATION FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION ASTIKI MI KERDOSKOPIKI ETAIREIA
- INSTITUT NATIONAL DE RECHERCHE POUR L'AGRICULTURE, L'ALIMENTATION ET L'ENVIRONNEMENT
- EIGEN VERMOGEN VAN HET INSTITUUT VOOR LANDBOUW- EN VISSERIJONDERZOEK
- WAGENINGEN UNIVERSITY
- VRIJE UNIVERSITEIT BRUSSEL
- STICHTING EFFOST
- EUROPEAN FOOD INFORMATION RESOURCE AISBL
- NODIBINAJUMS BALTIC STUDIES CENTRE
- SZKOLA GLOWNA GOSPODARSTWA WIEJSKIEGO
- 1001 Lakes Oy
- UNIVERZA V MARIBORU
- UHLAVA OPS