NATAE Fostering agroecology transition in North Africa through multi-actor evaluation and networking
NATAE (Fostering Agro-ecological transition in North Africa through multi-actor design, evaluation and networking) is a project under the Horizon Europe programme. Based on a multi-actor and interdisciplinary approach, this four-year project will generate new insights for assessing practices that are inspired by agro-ecology in a multidimensional way and at multiple scales (from production systems to territory and value chains). The aims are to identify, evaluate and eventually promote the best observed and experimented combinations of practices inspired by agro-ecology in North Africa (i), and to set up a Mediterranean agro-ecological network for knowledge exchanges and advocacy at regional level (ii). The approach is based on Multi-Actor Labs (MALs), as territories that are anchored in specific agro-ecosystems of North Africa.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Data analysis and building of the farm-typology in the Egyptian Living-Lab;
- Prepare the database for the modelling chain;
- Calibrate the model in the Egyptian Living-Lab;
- Provide regular short progress reports on the advancement of the Living Lab in Egypt and contributions to the corresponding project deliverables.
The ER candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Master 2 in Economics or Agronomy;
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis;
- Knowledge on farm-typology and bio-economic modelling;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to establish and maintain lasting and constructive formal relationships;
- Dynamism, reactivity and autonomy;
- Excellent skills of writing and synthesis (work plans, technical reports and other acts and management, ordinary correspondence, notes, messages, summary sheets);
- Good teamwork abilities, particularly in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary context;
- Ability to propose solutions to problems and critical issues that might arise during the project.
- Contract duration: fixed term contract of 12 months’ renewable twice (up to 36 months);
- Salary: according to experience;
- Location: Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (Route de Mende, Montpellier, France) with occasional travels in different partner countries.
- This call for applications is compatible with the completion of a doctoral thesis. However, the proposed contract does not correspond to a doctoral contract.
Contact for any information on the project: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIHEAM Montpellier is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and gender. Position open to people with disabilities.
The application must be written in English and include a CV and a cover letter concerning the missions defined in the job description.
Deadline for Submission: 21st of September 2023
Selection Committee: 25th of September 2023
Starting Date: 1st of October 2023