Sustainable Hub to Engage into Rural Policies with Actors
SHERPA aims to gather knowledge that contributes to the formulation of recommendations for future policies relevant to EU rural areas, by creating a science-society-policy interface which provides a hub for knowledge and policy.
SHERPA will contribute to policy development in three main areas:
Provision of inputs for the design of future research policies, with a focus on the preparation of work programmes under Horizon Europe.
Support for implementation of policies relevant to rural areas in the programming period 2021-2027; and
Supporting for setting the direction of rural policy in the next programming period.
To achieve this, the project will:
- Map the main drivers of future trends and dynamics of EU rural areas;
- Establish 40 Multi-Actor Platforms (MAPs) across the EU as effective and sustainable Science-Society-Policy interfaces;
- Create a shared knowledge base relevant to EU rural policy by taking stock of results of past and ongoing research projects;
- Engage in a dialogue between citizens, researchers and policy-makers across EU territories;
- Formulate recommendations linked to different scenarios for the development of modern rural policies at European, national and regional levels, as well as for the future rural research agenda.
En savoir plus
Source de financement
- Union Européenne: Horizon 2020
Programme et contacts
- Project Coordinator: Olivier Chartier and Elodie Salle (ECORYS), Belgique, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Manager at CIHEAM Montpellier: Samuel Féret, email@example.com
- CIHEAM Montpellier
- WAGENINGEN UNIVERSITY & RESEARCH
- AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS
- UNIVERSITA DE PISE
- UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID
- THE JAMES HUTTON INSTITUTE
- JOHANN HEINRICH VON THEUENEN INSTITUT
- INSTITUTE FOR EUROPEAN ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY AISBL
- UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI
- EUROPEAN RURAL DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
- ALMA MATER STURIORUM-UNI BOLOGNE
- UNIVERSIDAD DE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- CONSULAI, CONSULTORIA AGRO INDUSTRIATRIAL LDA
- ASSOCIATION DES AGENCES DE LA DEMOCRATIE LOCALE
CAPMED & SDGDownload the CAPMED