Recruitment of a Scientific Administrator
MissionsThe activities of the person recruited will be divided among the three missions of CIHEAM-IAMM: Higher education (second year of a Master’s degree). They will be in charge of running the MIDAS Master’s degree which will focus on “Designing innovative agricultural systems in terms of Sustainable Food Production in the Mediterranean area”. In this context, the candidate will primarily teach on the subject of the “Assessment of the performance of Mediterranean agro-systems under climate and socio-economic changes”. Research and cooperation. The candidate will have to actively contribute to the development of an international network on the job description topic, respond to international calls for projects based on applied research, research-action and development cooperation, and publish the research results in scientific journals and magazines. Moreover, the candidate will be integrated in several ongoing international projects, such as Horizon Europe (e.g. NATAE, GRANULAR, ALLIANCE) and PRIMA (e.g. AGREEMed). The position is based in Montpellier and will involve frequent trips to Mediterranean countries.
ApplicationThe application must be written in English and include the following elements: - A CV comprising:
- scientific experience, including a list of publications and research activities
- teaching experience
- development cooperation experience
- Qualifications: PhD in one of the following fields: agronomy, geography, or economics. In each case a specialization in agroecology and the ability to conduct quantitative analysis at large spatial scale is required.
- Sound knowledge of quantitative spatial analysis methods
- Teaching experience at Master’s degree level is preferable
- Ability to lead and produce research and publications
- Good spoken and written command of English is mandatory
- Experience in terms of international tender response is preferable