Analysis of the dynamics of socio-economic and environmental transition that regulate the relationships between agricultural production, local food and the ecosystem through the mobilization of indicators, tools and multidimensional and spatial approaches to build more sustainable and resilient territorial food systems in Occitania.
Background required: Master 2 in economics (agricultural, rural, development) or engineering degree specialized in economics (bac +5)
- Strong background in agricultural, agri-food, rural, territorial, or development economics
- Scientific curiosity, autonomy, taste for data work, ability to work in a team
- Appetence for fieldwork (participatory practices) and for data processing and analysis in R
- Excellent writing skills.
French: Excellent / Very good
English: Very good
Closing date for applications: June 11, 2023
Selection date for interviews: June 15 and 16, 2023
Starting date: October 1, 2023
Thesis direction and supervision :
- Tristan Berchoux (Supervisor, Scientific Coordinator of the Horizon Europe GRANULAR project), Lecturer-Researcher CIHEAM-IAMM, UMR TETIS (Territories, environment, remote sensing and spatial information)
- Paolo Prosperi (PhD supervisor, HDR in economics), Lecturer-Researcher CIHEAM-IAMM, UMR
MoISA (Montpellier Interdisciplinary Center on Sustainable Agri-food Systems)