Within the scope of the NPP-SOL project, CIHEAM Montpellier offers a position of PhD candidate.
The NPP-SOL is a PRIMA Section 2 project aiming to co-design and test Site-Specific Best Management Practices and Pollution-Preventing Technologies enhancing a multistakeholder participatory approach
Considering context-related needs and challenges, whether the proposed innovations are appropriate or not, and whether they can sustainably adopt the knowledge generated by NPP-SOL. The aim is to intercept and remove NPS pollutants before reaching the groundwater and surface water bodies. Technologies such as Bioreactors and Constructed Wetlands will be set up to remove nutrients and pesticides from surface runoff and/or drainage water coming from agricultural fields. Anaerobic Digestors will treat livestock slurries before spreading them to the soil.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Collaborate with the other partners for the collection of the necessary data;
- Supervision and coordination of modelling activities;
- Assist the coordinator in the supervision and implementation of the Tasks;
- Attend the consortium meetings;
The PhD candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Master 2 in Agronomy;
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis;
- Knowledge on agronomic or hydrological modelling;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Contract duration: fixed term contract of 12 months’ renewable twice (up to 36 months);
- Full-time (37,5h per week)
- Location: Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (Route de Mende, Montpellier, France) with occasional travels in different partner countries.
Deadline for Submission: 25th of June 2023
Selection Committee: 27th of June 2023
Starting Date: 3th of July 2023
The application file must be sent by email with the following object " NPP-SOL Post-doctoral Vacancy" to firstname.lastname@example.org
people with disabilities.