October 12, 2023
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled researcher to take on an exceptional role working across two groundbreaking projects, 50% RestPoll (Restoring Pollinator habitats across European agricultural landscapes, project number 101082102-2) based on multi-actor participatory approaches and 50% EXCEL4MED (Excellence hub in green technologies: Introducing innovation ecosystems in the Mediterranean food value chain, project number 101087147). These two projects are funded under the prestigious Horizon Europe program, representing a significant opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and environmental conservation efforts. In this unique and exciting position, you will have the privilege of splitting your time evenly between two innovative initiatives that address pressing global challenges [...]
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
• Support the PI for the Living-Lab organization and management;
• Prepare the database, calibrate the DAHBSIM model, and perform simulations for the LLs in Germany and Italy, and Spain;
• Trade-off analysis of the innovative practices in the above countries;
• Provide regular short progress reports on the advancement of the task and contributions to the corresponding project deliverables: D3.4: “Synthesis report of the model results” and D4.1: “Guidelines for how to establish and facilitate LLs”.
• Collaborate with the Greek LL partners for the collection of the necessary data;
• Support the PI in the organization of the Greek Living-Lab;
• Participate in the Cost-Benefit analysis of Task 4.1 via the development of a simple bio-economic model as a basis for a wider value chain analysis;
• Trade-off analysis for innovative practices;
• Provide regular short progress reports on the advancement of the WPs and contributions to the deliverable D4.1 “Report on the estimation of cost and revenue generation”.
The ER candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Master 2 in Economics or Agronomy;
• Excellent knowledge of participatory approaches;
• Knowledge on pollination services dynamics;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to establish and maintain lasting and constructive formal relationships;
• Dynamism, reactivity and autonomy;
• Excellent skills of writing and synthesis (work plans, technical reports and other acts and management, ordinary correspondence, notes, messages, summary sheets);
• Good teamwork abilities, particularly in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary context;
• Ability to propose solutions to problems and critical issues that might arise during the project.
- Contract duration: fixed term contract of 12 months’ renewable twice (up to 36 months);
- Full-time (35 hours per week);
- 5 weeks’ annual leave;
- Salary: According to experience;
- Location: Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (Route de Mende, Montpellier, France) with occasional travels in different partner countries.
Contact for any information on the project: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIHEAM Montpellier is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and gender. Position open to people with disabilities.
The application must be written in English and include a CV and a cover letter concerning the missions defined in the job description.
Deadline for Submission: 31st of October 2023
Selection Committee: 2nd of November 2023
Starting Date: 6th of November 2023
The application file must be sent by email with the following object "RestPoll & EXCEL4MED RE candidate Vacancy" to email@example.com