October 12, 2023
The Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (CIHEAM Montpellier), one of the four institutes of the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM), is an intergovernmental organization whose mission is the development of higher education and lifelong learning, research and cooperation in the Mediterranean area. Within the scope of the NATAE and EXCEL4MED projects, CIHEAM Montpellier offers a position of a Research Engineer.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled researcher to take on an exceptional role working across two groundbreaking projects, 50% NATAE (Fostering Agro-ecological Transition in North Africa, under the project number 101084647) and 50% EXCEL4MED (Excellence hub in green technologies: Introducing innovation ecosystems in the Mediterranean food value chain, under the project number 101087147). These two projects are funded under the prestigious Horizon Europe programme, representing a significant opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and environmental conservation efforts. In this unique and exciting position, you will have the privilege of splitting your time evenly between two innovative initiatives that address pressing global challenges [...]
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
• Data analysis from the LLs in Tunisia and Algeria;
• Prepare the database, calibrate the modelling chain, and perform simulations for the LLs in Algeria and Tunisia;
• Trade-off analysis of agro-ecological practices in the above LLs;
• Participate in the deliverables D2.1: NATAE modelling chain and data base and D2.2: Trade-off analysis of current & foresight scenarios tested at LL and RL levels;
• Collaborate with the Maltese LL partners for the collection of the necessary data;
• Support the PI for the organization and the monitoring of the Maltese Living-Lab;
• Participate in the Cost-Benefit analysis of Task 4.1 via the use of DAHBSIM model including calibration and scenario simulation;
• Trade off analysis of different innovation practices;
• Provide regular short progress reports on the advancement of the WPs and contributions to the corresponding project deliverable 4.1 “Report on the estimation of cost and revenue generation”.
The ER candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Master 2 in Economics or Agronomy;
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis;
• Knowledge on farm-typology and bio-economic modelling;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to establish and maintain lasting and constructive formal relationships;
• Dynamism, reactivity and autonomy;
• Excellent skills of writing and synthesis (work plans, technical reports and other acts and management, ordinary correspondence, notes, messages, summary sheets);
• Good teamwork abilities, particularly in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary context;
• Ability to propose solutions to problems and critical issues that might arise during the project.
- Contract duration: fixed term contract of 12 months’ renewable twice (up to 36 months);
- Full-time (35 hours per week);
- 5 weeks’ annual leave;
- Salary: According to experience;
- Location: Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (Route de Mende, Montpellier, France) with occasional travels in different partner countries.
Contact for any information on the project: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIHEAM Montpellier is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and gender. Position open to people with disabilities.
The application must be written in English and include a CV and a cover letter concerning the missions defined in the job description.
Deadline for Submission: 31st of October 2023
Selection Committee: 2nd of November 2023
Starting Date: 6th of November 2023
The application file must be sent by email with the following object "RestPoll & EXCEL4MED RE candidate Vacancy" to email@example.com