What does the Mediterranean mean for the CIHEAM Montpellier?
- Zero waste: knowledge & know-how, natural resources & energy and food.
- Sustainable agricultural and food systems: integration of local agrifood sectors in value chains.
- Attractive rural territories for living and working there: resilience of Mediterranean agro-ecosystems.
- Risk prevention and tension resolution: governance for attractive rural and coastal areas.
The means of action of the Montpellier Institute are:
- Initial training, with 95% of international students coming from Mediterranean countries
- Vocational training, to strengthen the capacities of decision-makers, exchange good practices and capitalize on experiences
- Research projects carried out in synergy with our Mediterranean network
- Development for cooperation on themes in touch with current issues